The Library Building currently has restricted access. For more information on available spaces and services, please see our Library Resources and Services Available in Winter/Spring 2021 guide, or contact the Library using our 24/7 Ask a Librarian service.
Print Options & Locations
Black & White - 7¢ per sheet
Standard size is 8 1/2" x 11". Available in Research Commons, Study Commons and Digital Media Studio. Print / Copy rooms are found on each floor of the Library, outside and behind the elevator lobbies.
Standard Color - 50¢ per sheet
Tabloid Color - $1.50 per sheet
Tabloid size is 11" x 17". Available in Digital Media Studio.
Standard sizes listed below. Custom sizes also available. Digital Media Studio.
- 18" x 24" - $18
- 24" x 36" - $36
- 36" x 48" - $72
- 18" x 24" - $21
- 24" x 36" - $42
- 36" x 48" - $84
Black & White and Color
Pay with valid SF State OneCard or a guest card. You can add value to your OneCard or guest card at an Add Value Station in the Research Commons, Study Commons or near the Research Assistance Desk on the 1st Floor of the Library. Guest cards are available for $2 at these machines. Campus OneCard info.
Pay online with debit or credit cards or with e-Check. A service charge is added to credit and debit card purchases. e-Checks must clear before job will be printed.
Print from Your Own Laptop
Install Windows or Mac software to print from your laptop. Installers have been tested for OS X Lion (10.7) – OS X El Capitan and Windows XP – Windows 10 laptops. All software is installed at your own risk. Please read the instructions before installing. No printing from phones and tablets.
- Windows Laptop: OneCard PostScript Library WiFi
- Macintosh Laptop: SFSU_Library_Printer
Very large PDF files sometimes print very slowly or not at all.
Please follow these instructions to help prevent printer network log jams.
- Select Print As Image and set to 150 dpi
- Do not print from browser
Save document to personal or temp drive
- Name file and remember where you saved it
- Do not save to desktop
Open PDF in Acrobat Pro
- File > Print
- In print dialog box push Advanced button
There is also a step-by-step guide for printing large/complex PDF documents: Resolving PDF Printing Problems.
Uninstall Pharos Popup Client and SFSU Library Printer in Mac OS X
- Open Finder window and select your primary hard drive, i.e., Macintosh HD
- Launch the Uninstaller application in /Library/Application Support/Pharos/Utilities.
- Double click the Uninstaller and check the box next to Pharos Popup, then click Continue.
- Click Continue again to confirm the selection and type in an administrator user name and password or Touch ID fingerprint when required to do so. Click Done. The selected components will be removed from the computer.