Course Reserves in the Library
For faculty members who want to put physical or digital materials on reserve for their students, there are several options:
Physical Course Reserves
- Submit a list of books, media or other physical items using the Course Reserve Request Form.
- Drop off items at the Book Checkout & Pickup Desk where they will be placed on reserve for students to check out for the loan period specified.
- For more information or to arrange a consultation, contact Course Reserves at (415) 405-5522.
Patrons with a disability who need a longer loan period for Physical Course Reserve materials should contact the Disability Programs and Resource Center (DPRC) at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (415) 338-2472 and they will arrange for accommodations with us on your behalf.
- Embed links to articles and books available electronically directly into iLearn
Scan and upload materials into iLearn.
- Use the high-speed document scanning station in the Digital Media Studio in Lib 260 or scanners available on a first-come first-serve basis in the Research Commons on the first floor and the Study Commons on the ground floor.
- If you would like assistance learning to scan materials for your classes, please stop by the Digital Media Studio / MakerSpace, Library 260 during scheduled open hours fall and spring semesters, or by request in person at 1st floor Research Commons Help Desk at other times.
- For help with iLearn send an email to email@example.com, call (415) 405-5555, use the built in chat in many iLearn courses, or by drop by the iLearn Services Help Desk in Lib 220 during office hours from 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday.
To ensure accessibility of scanned materials, submit your scanned materials to the Accessible Media Quick Converter, an online service designed to produce simple and quick file conversions from PDF and MS Word files into accessible formats, including audio files: http://access.sfsu.edu/content/accessible-media-quick-converter
Guidance on copyright compliance: http://libguides.sfsu.edu/copyrightfairuse