Welcome to the J. Paul Leonard Library. We look forward to working with you. If your questions are not answered here, please contact us for assistance.
Once you have your SF State OneCard ID, you may need to come to the Book Checkout & Pickup Desk or contact email@example.com to get registered. Making sure you are in our system will ensure you can check out and renew books, order materials from other libraries via CSU+ and ILLiad, and use many resources remotely. Most new and returning faculty don't need to register, but immediate access for new part-time and special hires may require contacting us. Any questions or problems with library accounts can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Request Instruction: Request a librarian-led instruction session tailored to your specific course and research assignment. For FYE or lower-division instruction, use the Lower Division Information Literacy Instruction Request form instead.
- Course Reserves in the Library: Explore several options for putting physical or digital materials on reserve for students. When you know which option you’d like to choose, submit the Course Reserves Request Form.
- Additional Library Support for Courses: Includes subject research guides, digital learning objects for students, and recommended guidelines for class research assignments. You can also access and embed library resources and content directly in Canvas.
- Teaching Research Toolkit: Contains activities and resources for faculty to support teaching and scaffolding the research process in their classroom.
- Loaner Laptops: Request a loaner laptop to support your remote instruction needs.
Library Collections & Spaces
- Faculty Borrowing: Information about faculty borrowing privileges.
- CSU+ & ILLiad: Information about borrowing Items from other libraries, including books, articles, media, etc.
- Media: Explore our streaming resources or use the Media Request Form to request that the library purchase a media title on DVD or other format.
- Room Reservations: Reserve a room in the library for teaching, office hours, or events.