The Events Room is a flexible space located in LIB 121 on the 1st Floor, outside the security gates of the Main Library. SF State-affiliated administrative offices, departments, institutes or programs may request use of the Events Room, pending approval by Library Administration.
- The Events Room is not available for students to schedule. A faculty adviser can reserve the room for campus student organizations provided that the advisor is present during the event.
- Reservation Limits: Generally, the room may be reserved up to 2 times per month per group.
- Condition of Room: It is the responsibility of the person reserving a room to ensure that all furniture and equipment are returned to the arrangement found at the beginning of the session.
- Cancelations/No Shows: The person making the reservation is responsible for cancelling reservation if group is unable to use the room on scheduled date/time.
- Food and Drink: Food and drinks are allowed following campus health and safety guidelines, but all trash must be removed and the room left clean.
- Loss of Privileges: Failure to follow these guidelines may result in no longer being able to reserve the Events Room for the remainder of the semester.
Use of Library Events Room
- Location: LIB 121 on the first floor; outside the security gates of the Main Library.
- Capacity: 55 with tables and chairs; 80 with chairs only.
- Description: The configuration of room is flexible. The tables and chairs are on wheels and can be easily moved. Typically there are approximately 60 chairs in the room. If you anticipate needing additional chairs (up to Fire Marshal capacity of 84) let us know when you request the room.
- Technology: Three ceiling mounted projectors, Zoom-enabled, DVD player, microphone/sound system and WiFi access. The Library does not provide any technical support for non-library use of the Events Room.
- WiFi Access: Guests use SFStateGuest Network. To register, provide: name, phone number, and non-SF State email address.
- Hours: Typically available during Main Library hours.
- Check Room Availability:
- Check at https://rooms-ems.sfsu.edu/library/Default.aspx
- Click on Browse Events and Add Filter for Room 121
- Reservation Procedures: Reservation requests may be made up to six months in advance by sending an email to email@example.com. Please include the following information:
- Event name
- Date/time (including setup/cleanup time)
- Approximate number of attendees
- Name of event facilitator with SF State email and phone number
- Department, unit or organization
- Access: The Events Room should be unlocked and open as it is available for open student study when not reserved for events.
Revised: Approved by LMT