Requesting Library Events Room
The Library Building currently has restricted access. For more information on available spaces and services, please see our Library Resources and Services Available in Winter/Spring 2021 guide, or contact the Library using our 24/7 Ask a Librarian service.
Faculty members will be able to reserve one of the six Teaching Rooms in the 1st floor Research Commons to use as an individual single occupancy teaching space by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reservations will be available Mon.-Fri. 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. and can be made up to six months in advance with no limit to the duration of the reservation within the available time bands or to the number of advance reservations. Please see Study and Teaching Rooms for available services.
The Events Room is a flexible space located in LIB 121 on the 1st Floor, outside the security gates of the Main Library. SF State-affiliated administrative offices, departments, institutes or programs may request use of the Events Room, pending approval by Library Administration.
- The Events Room is not available for students to schedule. A faculty adviser can reserve the room for campus student organizations provided that the advisor is present during the event.
- Reservation Limits: Generally, the room may be reserved up to 2 times per month per group.
- Condition of Room: It is the responsibility of the person reserving a room to ensure that all furniture and equipment are returned to the arrangement found at the beginning of the session and that the doors are closed and locked when finished with the room.
- Cancelations / No Shows: The person making the reservation is responsible for cancelling reservation if group is unable to use the room on scheduled date/time.
- Food and Drink: Food and drinks are allowed, but all trash must be removed and the room left clean.
- Loss of Privileges: Failure to follow these guidelines may result in no longer being able to reserve the Events Room for the remainder of the semester.
USE OF LIBRARY EVENTS ROOM
- Location: LIB 121. 1st Floor; outside the security gates of the Main Library.
- Capacity: 55 with tables and chairs; 80 with chairs only.
- Description: The configuration of room is flexible. The tables and chairs are on wheels and can be easily moved. Typically there are approximately 60 chairs in the room. If you anticipate needing additional chairs (up to Fire Marshal capacity of 84) let us know when you request the room.
- Technology: Three ceiling mounted projectors, event capture camera, DVD player, microphone/sound system and WiFi access. The Library does not provide any technical support for non-library use of the Events Room.
- WiFi Access: Guests use SFStateGuest Network. To register provide: Name, Phone Number, and non-sfsu E-mail Address.
- Hours: Typically (during fall and spring semesters): Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-10:00 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday, 10:00 a.m.–10:00 p.m. During summer, holidays and intersessions, the room is available when the Research Commons help desk is staffed.
Check Room Availability:
- Check at https://rooms-ems.sfsu.edu/library
- Click on Events Room availability on start page
Reservation Procedures: Reservation requests may be made up to 6 months in advance by sending an email to email@example.com. Please include the following information:
- Event name
- Date/Time (including setup / cleanup time)
- Approximate number of attendees
- Name of event facilitator with email and phone number
- Department, unit or organization
- Access: Go to the Book Checkout & Pickup counter on the 1st Floor. Show both the Events Room reservation confirmation and your SF State ID to the Librarian or staff member on duty.
Revised: Approved by LMT: