Requesting Library Instruction Rooms
The Library Building currently has restricted access. Faculty members will be able to reserve one of the six Group Study Rooms in the 1st floor Research Commons to use as an individual single occupancy teaching space by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reservations will be available Mon.-Fri. 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. and can be made up to six months in advance with no limit to the duration of the reservation within the available time bands or to the number of advance reservations.
The Instruction Rooms are closed. Please see Study and Teaching Rooms for available services
There are five instruction rooms located on the 2nd floor of the Library. The primary purpose of these rooms is to support Library instruction. Librarians may book instruction rooms themselves up to 6 months in advance using LibRooms. To request a librarian led research instruction session, please visit our instruction request form.
Non-library faculty and staff may request the use of a room during the fall and spring semesters up to 7 days in advance and they may request room 285 for use beginning the 9th week of each semester up to 6 months in advance. Room requests may also be made up to 6 months in advance for use during summer and winter intersession.
The Library does not provide any technical support for non-library use of the instruction rooms. All non-library requests for rooms must be approved by Library Administration.
- Reservation Limits: Non-Library Faculty can reserve rooms a maximum of 4 times per semester per class.
- Condition of Room: It is the responsibility of the person reserving a room to ensure that all furniture and equipment are returned to the arrangement found at the beginning of the session and that the doors are closed and locked when finished with the room.
- Cancellations / No Shows: The person making the reservation is responsible for cancelling reservation if group is unable to use the room on scheduled date/time.
- Food and Drink: Food and drink are not allowed.
- Computer software: Internet browsers and the Microsoft Office suite are installed on the computers in all instruction rooms. The Windows computers in Room 285 also have an expanded set of software installed, including most of the software available on the Research and Study Commons computers.
- Loss of Privileges: Failure to follow these guidelines may result in no longer being able to reserve Library instruction rooms for the remainder of the semester.
LIBRARY INSTRUCTION ROOMS
Click Room Numbers for more information about computers, software and room configuration.
- 280 – Max capacity, 80. Windows desktop computers.
- 281 – Max capacity, 35. iMac computers.
- 282 – Max capacity, 40. Windows laptop computers
- 284 – Max capacity, 25. iMac computers.
- 285 - Max capacity, 35. Windows desktop computers.
Available during Main Library Hours. See Library Hours on the Library website.
Check Room Availability
- Check Reserve It (EMS) at https://rooms-ems.sfsu.edu/library
- Click on room number availability on start page
Reservation requests should be sent to email@example.com. Please include the following information:
- Course / Event name
- Instructor / Facilitator
- Date / Time (including setup and cleanup)
- Approximate number of students/attendees
Go to the Digital Media Studio (DMS), LIB 260. Library Administration, LIB 340, can unlock rooms Monday-Friday 8:00 am. – 5:00 pm. when DMS staff are not available. The person who made the reservation or named designee must show both the reservation confirmation email and his/her SF State ID.
Revised: Approved by LMT: