The Teaching and Learning Commons (formerly Faculty Commons) is a flexible space in LIB 286 on the second floor inside the Main Library. SF State-affiliated administrative offices, departments, institutes or programs may request use of the Teaching and Learning Commons, pending approval by Library Administration.
- The Teaching and Learning Commons is not available for students to reserve. A faculty adviser can reserve the room for campus student organizations provided that the advisor is present during the event.
- Reservation Limits: Generally, the room may be reserved up to two times per month per group.
- Condition of Room: It is the responsibility of the person reserving a room to ensure that all furniture and equipment are left in a similar arrangement to its usual configuration.
- Cancellations and No-shows: The person making the reservation is responsible for canceling the reservation if the group is unable to use the room on the scheduled date and time.
- Food and Drink: Food and drinks are allowed following campus health and safety guidelines, but all trash must be removed and the room left clean.
- Loss of Privileges: Failure to follow these guidelines may result in no longer being able to reserve the Teaching and Learning Commons for the remainder of the semester.
Use of the Library Teaching and Learning Commons
- Location: LIB 286, second Floor; inside the Main Library.
- Capacity: 35 with tables and chairs
- Description: The configuration of the room is flexible with chairs arranged around round tables plus additional tables and seating.
- Technology: Screen to connect laptop for projection and Wi-Fi access. The Library does not provide any technical support for non-library use of the Teaching and Learning Commons.
- Wi-Fi Access: Guests use SFStateGuest network. To register provide your name, phone number, and non-SFSU email address.
- Hours: Available during Main Library hours.
- Check Room Availability:
- Sign in with your SF State login to use LibRooms
- Click on Browse Events and Add Filter for Room 286
- Reservation Procedures: Reservation requests may be made up to 6 months in advance by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information:
- Event name
- Date/Time (including setup and cleanup time)
- Approximate number of attendees
- Name of event facilitator with SFSU email and phone number
- Department, unit or organization
- Access: The Teaching and Learning Commons should be unlocked and open, as it is available for open student study when not reserved for events.