Patrons who are not current SF State students, faculty or staff, may qualify for a Special Borrowers Card, which provides limited borrowing privileges for items in our circulating collections, if you belong to one of the categories listed below. Contact Circulation Services at the Book Checkout & Pickup Counter on the 1st floor for more information.
- Friends of the J. Paul Leonard Library member
- Current member of the Alumni Association
- College of Professional & Global Education (CPaGE) student without a OneCard
- Currently enrolled student at a different CSU campus with a valid student ID
- Faculty from other CSU campuses
- A visiting faculty member currently employed by any college or university outside the CSU system, anywhere in the world, who holds a current, valid identification issued by the home institution. If the current identification lacks a photo, another identification must be presented for photo verification of identity. Non-SF State faculty may not access library databases from off-campus or use the services of the Interlibrary Services department.
- 60+ Members with a valid OneCard are eligible to borrow 20 books at a time, but do not have access to electronic resources from off campus. For more information, see the College of Extended Learning ElderCollege web site.
- AmeriCorps Volunteer registered with SF State. For details, see AmeriCorps Awards
- Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) members are allowed to check out up to 20 books at any one time. Books may be checked out for 30 days, with one renewal. No access to electronic resources from off campus.
Library users from the community may use many library services in person within the Library. In order to borrow books, non-CSU affiliated Library users may join the Friends of the J. Paul Leonard Library. Community users may not access library databases from off-campus or use interlibrary loan.