Borrowing Privileges at Other Libraries
While borrowing privileges at other institutions vary widely, your affiliation with SF State may be useful in using other libraries. Most items not in our collections may be requested through CSU+ or ILLiad, and we provide this information for your convenience should you choose to use a library close to your home, while traveling, for research, or exploration.
- Students: Your OneCard/Student ID works at all California State University campuses. For all other libraries, call to verify borrowing privileges, or order the item through Interlibrary Services.
- Faculty: Generally to check out materials at the other academic libraries two items are required: a current SF State ID and a letter from your department chair indicating your employment status here. These credentials may need to be refreshed each quarter, semester or year.
For assistance, please contact a librarian.
- Geography & Environment Map Library (HSS 289 information only (415) 338-1145)
- Holistic Health Learning Center (information only (415) 338-6416)
- The Poetry Center (Humanities 512 (415) 338-2227)
- The Sutro Library (Lib. 5th and 6th Floor (415) 469-6100
California State University Libraries
University of California
- MELVYL® Catalog (UC Library System Catalog)
- LawCat (Boalt Law Library Catalog)
- HOPAC (Hastings Law Library Catalog)
- Other UC Libraries
Bay Area & State
- Sutro Library
- San Francisco Public Library
- California State Library
- Oakland Public Library
- Berkeley Public Library
- City College of San Francisco
- Stanford Libraries
- Holt Labor Library (at New College)
- North Bay Cooperative Library System
- Museum of Performance + Design