Cablecasting is a service managed by Academic Technology that allows a movie "shown" from the Media and Classroom Support office to be "viewed" in another location in the Library or elsewhere on campus, usually a classroom. Currently, Library 40E, one of the group study rooms in Study Commons, is the one location in the Library that supports cablecasting.
Media of any format can be cablecast, including: DVD, VHS and 16mm film.
To view a film via cablecast in the Library:
- Make sure the film you want to view is available. Search OneSearch – Books & Media (SF State). It may be necessary to use Refine my results under Format to select Audio Visual
- Reserve room 40E (Study Commons group study room). Reserve a Room
- Arrange with Media & Classroom Support in Lib. 85 to show the film at the time you have reserved the room (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Just before the time you set to view movie, get channel number from Media & Classroom Support in Lib. 85. Ground Floor Map
In the room where you will view the film:
- Turn on TV
- Use remote to select the channel
- If the channel is a digital channel like 43.1, enter the nearest channel on the remote, then use the up / down channel selector to get to the exact channel
For more information, contact Academic Technology.