Students currently enrolled at any California State University campus may use the after-hours facilities at San Francisco State University’s J. Paul Leonard Library.
Present a current campus ID card and student ID number at the Book Checkout & Pickup Desk on the 1st Floor at least one hour prior to closing to receive an After-Hours Study card. Study cards may be picked up at the Research Commons Help Desk on the 1st Floor when the main library is closed. Please consult Library Hours. Cards are valid during the current semester and must be renewed each semester.
Students will be able to access the study space in the Research Commons 24-hour lab & quiet study room on the 1st Floor, and Peet’s Coffee study area. Additional study space may be available during SF State midterms and finals.
- Wireless internet access through eduroam. Log in using your home campus credentials (usually ID or email address and password)
- Guest 2-hour use computers for research, printing, and more. Please visit the Research Commons Help Desk on the 1st Floor for access. Computers are fully loaded with productivity software, analytical software, and Adobe graphic suite. Available software
- Access to plugs and surge protectors with fast USB charging ports in the Research Commons on the 1st Floor
- Copy machine and printers available. Cost: 7¢ per B/W page, 50¢ per color page. Guest cards are available for $2. Cards may be reloaded
- Research database access available through home campus library catalog
- Book checkout with home campus ID available during library hours. Inquire at the Book Checkout & Pickup Desk on the 1st Floor
Food / Drink
In the Library
- Peet’s Coffee is open until 11:00pm Sunday – Thursday, 7:00pm Friday, and 9:00pm Saturday. Please consult Library Hours
- Water bottle refill station and drinking fountain near the restrooms
Nearby on Campus
- 24 hour vending machine just outside the Library main entrance, between the Library and Administration
- Subway and Village Market & Pizza open until 3:00am. Both restaurants located in the Village at Centennial Square
- More food vendors on campus
Parking / Transportation
- Parking and transportation information is available online
- CARE Escort Program