Job# 2945498: Maker Space Student Assistant
About this Job
This is a Student Assistant job.
Library Unit: Help Desk - Maker Space
Application Deadline: Thursday, August 29, 2019
Job Number: 2945498
Pay Rate: 13.50/hr
Student employees are assigned to the Library MakerSpace - Digital Media Studio and provide assistance with audio/video equipment, 3D printing, virtual reality equipment, room and equipment reservations, software support, electronic tinkering kits, collaborative work spaces and enforce Library MakerSpace policies and procedures. Student employees provide support for MakerSpace - Digital Media Studio. Student employees work collaboratively with library staff members, students, faculty, and colleagues to support library MakerSpace operations and services. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted by email from: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Energetic, outgoing, approachable
- Ability to provide high-quality public service
- Ability to articulate and explain Library MakerSpace policies and procedures to a diverse campus community
- Ability to maintain a fixed work schedule throughout the semester
- Familiarity and ability to assist patrons with 3D design and CAD software, 3D printing, virtual reality equipment, audio/video equipment, Mac and Windows operating systems. Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud software, CAD and 3D design software, scanning and graphics software.
- Working experience with audio/video editing software, audio/video equipment, virtual reality equipment and software, 360 video cameras, 3D printing, programmable electronics and makerspace based design and fabrication tools is highly desirable.
Additional Documents: Please provide your SFSU ID number (not social security number). Provide us your availability and amount of hours you can work per week.