Job# 2254541: SFSU Library Help Desk – Student Assistant
About this Job
This is a Student Assistant job.
Library Unit: Library Administration
Application Deadline: Wednesday, January 02, 2019
Job Number: 2254541
Pay Rate: 11.00 per hour
Student employees are assigned to the various Library Help Desks (Research Commons, Study Commons, Digital Media Studio) and provide assistance with laptop checkout, printing, room reservations, software support, and enforcing library policies and procedures. Student employees provide basic workstation support and limited software support. Student employees work collaboratively with library staff members, students, community users, and colleagues to support library operations and services. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted by email from: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Energetic, outgoing, approachable
- Ability to provide high-quality public service
- Ability to articulate and explain library policies and procedures to a diverse campus community
- Ability to maintain a fixed work schedule throughout the semester
- Familiarity and ability to assist patrons with MAC and Window operations systems. Working knowledge of MS Office, web browsers, email applications, scanning and graphics software
- Any experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, InDesign, Dreamweaver, ,ArcGIS, Final Cut Pro – is highly desirable.