Job# 1323592: Special Collections Archive - Work Study
About this Job
This is a Work Study job.
Library Unit: Special Collections
Friday, February 23, 2018
Job Number: 1323592
Pay Rate: $11.00/hr
The special Collections Student Archival Assistant works with the Processing Archivist to prepare historic materials, including historic film footage, papers, photographs, and other materials, for long term storage in the library’s automated storage and retrieval system Tasks include: loading and unloading trucks and carts; moving boxes; organizing materials in boxes; loading materials into storage bins; and barcoding and data entry in the Library’s online catalog. Duties may also include assisting with arrangement and description (“processing”) of manuscript collections, including: sorting; arrangement of records within folders and folders within collections; describing collection contents; checking collections against descriptive listings for accuracy; and creation of accurate collection listings. Involves moderate lifting of boxes up to 40 lbs.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Special emphasis on accuracy, attention to detail, and the ability to concentrate for long periods of time.
• Ability to print neatly and clearly.
• Ability to handle rare and fragile materials with care
• Proficiency in word processing software, ability to learn new software with training.
• Ability to carefully follow written and oral instructions and to communicate clearly and concisely in person and in writing.
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 lbs. Lifting and moving boxes onto carts is major component of this job.
Days: Monday-Friday, 9-5pm; Up to 20 hours per week. Up to 40 hours per week during Summer Break and Winter Break.