Software Request Policy
Most spaces in the Library on floors Ground, 1 & 2 will be open to SF State faculty, students and staff for Fall Semester 2021 starting Monday, August 16, 2021. Please be prepared to show the GHG Ambassador the green dot for your daily health screening.
Please see our guide to how to access our services and collections and contact us with any questions you may have here.
To address the occasional need when academic departments/programs require their students to use specialized software for course-related purposes. If adequate capacity is not available in their College / Department computer labs, instructors can request that the Library install software required for a course on a specific number of Library computers.
In order for SF State instructors to request that course-related software be installed on Library Computers, they must:
A. Confirm that the following requirements can be met:
- Request is made early enough to allow the Library to include the software in the disk image for the computers it will be running on. Typically, this is the end of the semester prior to the one in which the software will be used
- The software is for course-related use
- The requestor has a legal license for the software which allows for installation on the desired number of computers
- The requestor can provide the physical media or online access to download the software
- When necessary, the requestor can provide an account for Library staff to test and verify software is functioning properly
- The software is compatible with the computers in the Library, in terms of processor speed, memory installed, available hard disk space, display capability, etc.
- The software doesn't’t conflict with other software or security settings already on Library computers
- Once the software is installed, the instructor’s students can use the software without special assistance from Library staff or student employees
- B. Contact Chris Novak, Information Commons Coordinator, (firstname.lastname@example.org (415) 338-6770)
Date Approved by LMT: 1/11/2010