If you can't find a book in the Library Catalog, or if it's in the catalog but unavailable, then you may be able to borrow it quickly and at no cost from another library using Link+. More than 40 academic and public libraries in California and Nevada participate in Link+.
- 21 day loan period, with only one 21 day renewal
- Late fees are usually 1$ per day, per book
- Lost book fees are usually $115 per book
- There are no refunds for Link+ books once a patron has paid for the book.
Starting from the Leonard Library Catalog
- Search the Library Catalog.
- Click book title to view the book record.
- Click the Link+ button to request book from Link+.
- In the Link+ catalog, click Request This Item.
- When asked, "With which institution are you affiliated?" select San Francisco State Univ.
- Enter your Name, SFSU ID, and Library PIN number.
- Select Main Library as the pickup Location.
- Click Submit and look for message indicating Request was successful.
- Pick up at the Book Checkout & Pickup Counter in 2-4 business days
- Return to the Book Checkout & Pickup Counter
Requesting books not found in Link+?
Books that are unavailable both in the Library Catalog and through Link+ can be requested using ILLiad. ILLiad requests usually arrive in 5-7 days, but they can take as long as 3 weeks. You'll receive an email message when the book is ready to pick up at the Book Checkout & Pickup Counter. You must setup an ILLiad username and password before using the system for the first time.