How to Renew Items
Online in OneSearch
- Login to My Account, requires University ID and password
- On the Loans panel of My Account, if there are no books available for renewal, there is no renew link, and nothing to do!
- If you have books nearing renewal, you can renew them all with one click, or one at a time
- If your books are nearing the end of the loan period, and cannot be renewed, time to bring them back!
In Person in the Library
Bring your SF State OneCard and the items to renew to the Book Pickup & Checkout on the Library 1st Floor
Renewals are usually allowed for books and other items in our main circulating collection.
Some items cannot be renewed, including:
- Items that have been renewed once
- Items long overdue and already billed for replacement (these must be brought to the library for renewal)
- Items with loan policies which do not allow renewal, such as reserve readings or material checked out by special permission
Periodicals may be renewed once, unless requested by another borrower.
Reserve materials may not be renewed.
ILLiad and CSU+ Books
Books borrowed from other libraries through ILLiad can usually be renewed once for two weeks. Renewals must be requested through ILLiad. In some cases renewals are not permitted by the loaning Library.
CSU+ books may not be renewed.
For more information, contact Interlibrary Services.