More Information About Link+
Before using Link+
If you are having trouble finding a book in the Library Catalog please ask for help at the Research Assistance Desk or Contact a Librarian for advice. If the item is not available in the Library Catalog, is checked out, or does not have the status "Available," try requesting it using Link+. To use Link+ you will need a Library Account (PIN).
Books that can be Borrowed
- Books we don't own.
- Books that are checked out.
- Or Books that have do not have the status "AVAILABLE."
Placing a Request
Search for the book in the Library Catalog. If it isn't found or doesn't have an "AVAILABLE" status, click
- When asked, "With which institution are you affiliated?" pull down and select San Francisco State Univ.
- Enter your Name, SF State ID Number, and Library PIN number.
- Select Main Library as the pickup Location.
- Click Submit and look for message indicating Request was successful.
If you are sure we don't have the book and/or that it is unavailable, you can go directly to the Link+ Catalog.
What you Need to Know
- It usually takes 2-4 days to receive books.
- We will hold books for 10 days.
- You will be notified by email when books arrive.
- Pickup books at Book Pickup & Checkout Desk within 2-4 business days. Return books at same location.
- You can borrow books for 21 days.
- You can renew books once for 21 additional days.
- Late fees are 1$ per day, per book.
- Lost/damaged book fees are usually $115 per book.
- There are no refunds for Link+ books once a patron has paid for the book.
- Return borrowed items on time.
- Take proper care of books and return them in good condition.
- Do not remove the Link+ label or book strap.
- Check the book strap for any special handling conditions.
- Observe copyright guidelines.
Failure to do so may result in your borrowing privileges being revoked or limited to "Library Use Only."