More Information about ILLiad
Before Using ILLiad
Placing a Request
- Know exactly what you are looking for. Typically this means: The exact Title, Author(s), Edition, Year, Publisher, Journal, Volume, Issue.
- Confirm that the item you are looking for is not available in the Library Catalog or in Link+.
- Login to ILLiad to locate and request the item.
What You Need to Know
- It can take 5 days to 3 weeks to get material.
- You will be notified by email when material has arrived.
- Pickup and Return physical materials at Book Pickup & Checkout Desk.
- Material can usually be borrowed for 4 weeks.
- You can usually renew for an additional 14 days.
Materials that can be Borrowed
- Books and Parts of Books.
- Copies of Articles.
- Theses and Dissertations.
- Conference Proceedings.
- Technical Reports.
- Printed Music.
Requests can be made for movies, music recordings, reference materials, etc., but these can be difficult to obtain depending on the lending library policy.
- Return borrowed items on time.
- Take proper care of books and return them in good condition.
- Check the book strap for any special handling conditions.
- Observe copyright guidelines.
Failure to do so may result in your borrowing privileges being revoked or limited to "Library Use Only."