August 5th, 2011
The Library and Academic Technology are implementing a transition of electronic reserves from the standalone Docutek ERes platform to integration of electronic reserves in iLearn, SF State’s learning management system, beginning in fall 2011. We expect to phase in iLearn as the platform for electronic reserves over the fall semester, and to use it exclusively beginning with spring semester 2012.
Here’s what students can expect:
- For fall 2011 your instructors may provide electronic reserves in either Docutek ERes or iLearn. To access Docutek ERes you will need a password provided by the instructor. To access iLearn, login with your university ID number and password.
- For spring 2012 all electronic reserves will be available only in iLearn.
Here’s what faculty members can expect:
- Faculty members who have already submitted materials for fall 2011 electronic reserve will have their materials available in both Docutek ERes and iLearn.
- Faculty members whose materials have previously been included in Docutek ERes and who want to use those materials again for fall 2011 will have those materials available in both Docutek ERes and iLearn.
- Once we have distributed information to faculty members about this change, most submitting new materials for electronic reserve will have those materials available only in iLearn.
- We will phase out Docutek ERes at the end of fall semester 2011.
- Spring semester 2012 electronic reserves will be available only in iLearn.
- Documents or files previously available through Docutek ERes will continue to be available for reuse in iLearn.
- Faculty will continue to submit materials to Library Reserve Services during and after the transition to iLearn.
If you have questions about this change in the Library’s Reserve Services’ electronic reserves procedures, please contact Reserve Services staff at x81881 or email@example.com.
Entry Filed under: Notice