Archive for August, 2011
We are on-campus and on-line!
Visit Library Annex I for study space, computers, and printing.
The Annex is open 24 hours (with some exceptions, see hours).
Access articles and databases from any computer on the internet here.
You’ll need a library PIN.
Request your books from our on-line catalog.
Books from our catalog will be delivered to HSS 102
within 24 hours excluding weekends and holidays.
You’ll need a library PIN.
Reserve books are available in HSS 102.
Please get your reserve book call number here
before you go to HSS 102.
Research assistance is available from librarians
in-person in Library Annex I,
IM or telephone (see hours).
Library Campus Map
Library Annex I
Library @ HSS Map
August 23rd, 2011
If you are busy prepping for the beginning of the semester, please note that ProQuest will be performing maintenance on its database platform beginning Saturday, August 20, 2011, at 7pm and lasting until Sunday, August 21, 2011 at 7am. During this period none of our ProQuest databases will be available.
Please let us know if you experience any problems with ProQuest databases after the completion of the maintenance period.
August 17th, 2011
The Library and Academic Technology are implementing a transition of electronic reserves from the standalone Docutek ERes platform to integration of electronic reserves in iLearn, SF State’s learning management system, beginning in fall 2011. We expect to phase in iLearn as the platform for electronic reserves over the fall semester, and to use it exclusively beginning with spring semester 2012.
Here’s what students can expect:
- For fall 2011 your instructors may provide electronic reserves in either Docutek ERes or iLearn. To access Docutek ERes you will need a password provided by the instructor. To access iLearn, login with your university ID number and password.
- For spring 2012 all electronic reserves will be available only in iLearn.
Here’s what faculty members can expect:
- Faculty members who have already submitted materials for fall 2011 electronic reserve will have their materials available in both Docutek ERes and iLearn.
- Faculty members whose materials have previously been included in Docutek ERes and who want to use those materials again for fall 2011 will have those materials available in both Docutek ERes and iLearn.
- Once we have distributed information to faculty members about this change, most submitting new materials for electronic reserve will have those materials available only in iLearn.
- We will phase out Docutek ERes at the end of fall semester 2011.
- Spring semester 2012 electronic reserves will be available only in iLearn.
- Documents or files previously available through Docutek ERes will continue to be available for reuse in iLearn.
- Faculty will continue to submit materials to Library Reserve Services during and after the transition to iLearn.
If you have questions about this change in the Library’s Reserve Services’ electronic reserves procedures, please contact Reserve Services staff at x81881 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
August 5th, 2011