• A major expansion and renovation of the J. Paul Leonard Library building is underway.
• Leonard Library building services will continue but will be relocated to other on-campus locations Summer/ Fall 2008. The Library building will close Fall 2008.
• Study space and computer access will be available in the new Library Annex 1 building, near the parking structure, Fall 2008.
• The Library website, online catalog, databases and journals will be unaffected.
• Books and media will be available by online request for pickup within 24 hours at a circulation desk in the HSS building.
• The new state-of-the-art library building will open Fall 2011.
May 16th, 2008
While the Library building is expected to close at the end of September, the Library itself will continue to function. Collections and services currently provided by the Leonard Library, Academic Technology (AT) and the Center for Teaching and Faculty Development (CTFD) will be available in other campus locations.
For example, users will be able to request books and other items in the circulating collections through the Library Catalog which will then be delivered to a distribution desk in the HSS building, near the center of campus, within 24 hours for review and checkout.
The services currently available in the Media Access Center Computer Lab and John F. True Computer Lab will be combined and provided in the new Library Annex 1, which is being built this summer near the parking structure. Library Annex 1 will house a large Information Commons, with over 150 computers, multi-media editing stations and study space for more than 300 students.
Librarians will be available via instant messaging, email, phone and in person to work with students and faculty. And Library instruction will continue in a variety of locations, still to be finalized.
For the most up-to-date information on how Library, AT and CTFD services will be provided during construction, check the Library Building Project web pages.
May 16th, 2008