Posts filed under 'Did you Know?'
Take a break from textbooks! Check-out a book to read over Spring Recess. Use our new books browser on the Library home page or enter your favorite subject or author in InvestiGator. If you still are having trouble finding what you want search Link+ to get the book delivered to the Library in 3 – 5 days. Book check-out is 28 days but with on-line renewal you can extend this another 14 days.
March 25th, 2011
The Library is online and on campus to help you succeed.
• Set up your Library PIN
• Request a book online, pick up requested books and reserves in HSS 102
• Access eBooks and online articles 24/7
• Get Research Assistance in-person in Annex I, or via IM, TXT, email or phone
• 24 hour study space, computers and wifi in Annex I
January 26th, 2011
Try the new Leonard Library mobile site from your iPhone, Android or other mobile device by visiting m.library.sfsu.edu. From now on when you visit the regular Library website on your smart phone you will be redirected to the mobile site.
You can search for books and articles, get research assistance and find out other library information.
Search Library Catalog
Search the Library catalog by keyword for books; select the item you want and click on “Request.” Enter the requested information to have the book delivered to HSS 102 for pick-up.
Choose “Find Articles” from the main screen and click on a database to search for articles in many different journals by keyword. Hint: Academic Search Premier and JSTOR are good all-purpose databases. (Article searching works best with a wi-fi connection.)
For instant message assistance, choose the “IM” link on the main screen; enter your question and press the green arrow.
Library Hours & Info
For hours, locations, and other information about library computers and study space click on links under “Info” on the main screen.
September 21st, 2010
The Library is open for business: We’re online and on campus; we’re here and ready to help you be successful!
* All the library’s books can be requested for delivery to HSS 102
* More than 90% of our journal articles are full-text and online
* The library has thousands of eBooks that can be viewed from any computer
* Students can get assistance in person, by phone, via instant message or texting until 10pm most nights
* This Fall watch for Library resources in iLearn and on your smart phone or other mobile device
August 30th, 2010
Did you know that the Library has thousands of electronic books (eBooks) that can be viewed from any web-accessible computer?
eBooks are available on many different topics and are a great way to get full-text information anytime you need it. Watch the video to learn how to search for and use eBooks through the Leonard Library.
April 7th, 2010
Request books not available at SF State from over 40 academic and public libraries for delivery to HSS 102 in just a few days. The loan period for books is 21 days with one 14-day renewal. There is no charge to request or borrow LINK+ materials. Try it out. Link+ is a great service with a huge catalog.
Search Link+ catalog
Link+ Member Libraries
Or click on the Link+ Search button in the InvestiGator catalog to repeat your search in the Link+ catalog.
April 3rd, 2010
Need library help during the week of Thanksgiving furloughs? Use a research guide custom created by librarians for SF State students.
Complete list of guides on your topic, course or question
Or, browse by subject on the research guides list
November 20th, 2009
Check out this orientation guide for using your university library. Learn how to checkout books, use computers, print, get research help and more.
September 14th, 2009
Go to The Bookstore
The SFSU Bookstore has extended hours during the first two weeks of school. But why wait in line when you can buy online? Go to http://sfsubookstore.com/catalog/
Use the Library
- Search the library’s hardcopy reserves at http://opac.sfsu.edu/search/r and find them in HSS 102. If your professor has not put a copy on reserve for you, suggest they loan their extra copy to the Library’s Reserves Services.
- In general, our Library doesn’t buy textbooks. However, the LINK+ catalog includes the collections of many libraries in the region, and they may loan out the book you are looking for. Request books through Link+ and they get delivered for pickup at HSS 102.
Try Textbook Rental:
Renting textbooks for the semester might be cheaper than buying them. Try these sites:
Submit your own textbook buying tips to our Spotlight Blog by making your comments below.
August 31st, 2009
Printing is available from most Library computers. All you need is a valid SF State ID (OneCard) or Guest Card with sufficient value. Standard 8.5″ x 11″ black and white laser prints cost 7¢ a sheet. 8.5″x 11″ color copies are available in the MAC computer lab and Rapid Copy for 65¢. more
A USB flash drive is a good method for file delivery to library computers. You can also use email to access your files from some computers. Printing help is available from service desks in the Library.
Rapid Copy offers a full printing service. more
May 6th, 2008