Reminder To Everyone:
We usually don’t purchase textbooks for specific classes. But many “Hardcopy Reserves” are available as ‘personal copies’ from the instructor. They have a unique call number (example: Reserve Collection — BLAJO b4 — AVAILABLE) and searchable by “Course Number” and “Instructor’s Name”. Here are some tips:
1. Go to our “Library Catalog” and select the tab “Hardcopy Reserves”
2. Start by searching “Course Number” rather than instructor’s name. Many GE courses (multiple sections) use the same textbook. Students can check-out Hardcopy Reserves, even if they’re not enrolled in the section number.
3. Go to”Book Check-out” desk with the unique call number. You cannot place a ‘hold’ on Hardcopy Reserves.
4. Reserve materials aren’t renewable.
5. Hardcopy reserves aren’t searchable by “Title”, unless the Library owns a copy and catalogs it under a “Library of Congress” call number.