MU Libraries > About the Libraries > iPad FAQ
Who can check out iPads? Students, faculty, and staff of MU. MU ID cards are required for checkout.
* Where do I go to check out an iPad? iPads are available for check out at the Circulation/Reserve Desks in the following libraries: Ellis, Engineering, Health Sciences and Journalism.
* How long can I keep an iPad? Loan periods vary: Ellis (1 week), Engineering (3 days), Health Sciences (2 weeks), Journalism (2 weeks)
* Overdue fines will accrue at ten dollars ($10) a day for every day the item is late. After an additional week, you will be charged the replacement cost of the iPad ($600).
* All the iPads are checked out; how can I get one? Due to low quantities purchased, we cannot guarantee an iPad will be available when you come by. All equipment is checked out on a “first come, first serve” basis.
* Can I download new apps to the iPad? You are welcome to create your own iTunes account and add as many apps as you like.
* What about my personal data on the iPad? (Passwords, email, etc.) The safest bet is to remove any personal information from the device before you return it to the Reserve Desk. However, each iPad will be restored to a default load upon each check in, deleting all data and apps from the previous user. The MU Libraries are not responsible for anything you put or leave on our equipment.
via iPad FAQ.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.