Library Administrative Manual
6.2 POSTINGS IN AND ON THE LIBRARY BUILDING
- Information Displays At Public Service Counters
- Bulletin Board Posting
- Postings In Other Locations In The Library Premises
The Library frequently receives requests to post or display a wide variety of public service announcements, posters, and other notices on Library Bulletin Boards or on service counters throughout the Libray. In order to accommodate the distribution of essential information on Library services and operations, to provide the equitible treatment of posting requests and to enhance the aesthetics of the Library building the following policy is adopted:
I. Information Displays At Public Service Counters
- Informational guides, announcements, and notices that related directly to the services and operations of the University Library and other academic support units within the Library, such as the Audio Visual Center, may be placed at the Information Desk from time to time upon approval of the Information Desk Coordinator.
- Announcements and notices of all othe academic or administrative departments on campus, as well as annoucements of any student group, individual, or non-campus agency are expressly excluded from display at the Information Desk.
- The display of information materials on service counters, equipment, or othe rpublic service space in various service units throughout the building will be determined by the supervisor of the unit.
II. Bulletin Board Posting
- Bulletin boards are designated on the first, second and third floors of the Library for posting notices that may be of interest to Library users. Academic or administrative departments as well as students and student groups may post notices. A personal message board is also available on the first floor. All bulletin boards are monitored by the Stacks Maintenance Supervisor periodically throughout the semester for material that is out of date. The bulletin boards are cleared at the end of each semester.
The locations of approved bulletin boards are:
- 1st Floor: The hallway leading from the first floor elevator lobby into the 24-Hour Quiet Study Area.
- 2nd Floor: The north wall opposite Room 209.
- 3rd Floor: The cork-surfaced wall located near the entrance to the Media Access Center.
III. Positngs In Other Location On The Library Premises
- A kiosk located near the Library's main entrance in the front lobby is available for the posting of Library related information and events, such as, Library hours, the Library's No Eating, Drinking and Smoking Policy, Library classes and other special events.
- Postings on the exterior of the Library premises and in other unauthorized places in the Library are strictly forbidden and will immediately removed. Only signs and posters produced by the Library's Signage Program will be allowed in these locations.
- Personal messages may be left at the Library's Information Desk in the box labeled "Messages" as well as on the Personal Message Board on the first floor.
Approved by: Library Cabinet
Revised: Library Directors Group Date: June 9, 1988