Library Administrative Manual
5.3 New Employee Orientation
The purpose of the new employee orientation program is to introduce new employees to their work environment and to acquaint them with both the opportunities and the responsibilities of employment.
The Administrative and department checklists will coordinate/organize this program for new employees.
II. New Employee Orientation Checklists
Each new employee will be provide a packet of information to include the following:
- Organization Chart
- Library Floorplans/Quiet & Group Study Areas
- Campus Map
- Attendance Form Samples
- Lifting Instructions
- Work Injury Form Sample
- Library Lingo
- Library Information (Who to call for what)
- Library Assistance
- Telephone/E-mail List
- Library Hours
- Pay Day Schedule
- New Faculty and Staff (Full/Part-time, Permanent/Temporary)
- The Library Administrative Checklist will be completed by the Personnel Coordinator for each Employee (page 2).
- The Department will complete Department Checklist for New Employees and upon completion of Checklist will forward it to the Library Administrative Office (page 3).
- Student Employees
New student employees (student assistants/work study students) will be provided with a copy of the Student Employment Handbook when they meet with the Personnel Coordinator for their one-on-one orientation.
Approved by LMT: 8/23/99