Library Administrative Manual
2.6 Ann Paterson Merit Award
The Ann Paterson Merit Award
- To reward and recognize J. Paul Leonard Library support staff for developing ideas which improve service, morale, or safety, or which provide a cost saving or
- To recognize a consistently high degree of job excellence, such as patron services or intra/inter departmental competence or cooperation.
- Cash prize allocated by Friends of the Library.
- Certificates or other tokens of appreciation.
- All library support staff holding permanent or temporary positions on a full or part-time basis are eligible with the following exceptions:
- Library student assistants.
- Members of projects undertaken as part of an on-campus class assignment.
- Award ceremonies will be held in January on a staff development day, or on a date selected by the University Librarian.
- The deadline for submissions to the Committee will be no later than two weeks before the announcement of awards.
- The deadline will be included in the monthly calendar and announced at least twice in the Newsletter in the month prior to the deadline.
- The application will be one page, typed, double-spaced, in memo form, or on a form devised by the Committee which will be submitted to the Evaluating Committee by the individual, individualÍs supervisor, group/committee, or any library employee.
- The application should include:
- Name(s) of individual(s) or group
- Date of application
- Short title
- Description or summary
- Results and/or benefits
- Evaluation Of Submissions
- Within one week after the deadline for applications, the Evaluating Committee will schedule a date for evaluating the nominations.
- The Committee may elect to request presentations from each applicant and/or obtain additional information from other relevant sources, i.e., supervisors, colleagues, or patrons.
- The Committee will choose its own method of coming to a majority decision.
Approved by LMT: Date