Library Administrative Manual
2.5.1 Library management Team: Role And Function Statement
I. Role And Function Statement
The Library Management Team (LMT) constitutes an administrative advisory group to the University Librarian. Its functions include:
- Structuring a process for long-range strategic planning for the Library in the context of university-wide and CSU planning processes.
- Coordinating the identification of funding needs and preparation of budget requests within the context of the University's budget process, and other funding opportunities.
- Participating in internal resource allocation decisions.
- Sharing information from within and outside the Library to ensure that effects and interrelationships are identified and addressed.
- Establishing task forces and working groups of Library faculty and staff to address specific projects and needs.
The Library Management Team membership is:
- University Librarian (Chair)
- Research & Instructional Services and Special Collections Division Head and Faculty Department Co-Chair
- Collection Management Services Division Head and Faculty Department Co-Chair
- Information Technology and Access Services Division Head (staff member)
- Business Officer (staff member)
- University Librarianís Administrative Assistant (staff support)
- Elected Library Staff Representative
- The Library Staff Representative is elected at-large by the Library staff to a three-year term. As Staff Representative, the incumbent brings forward to LMT meetings issues related to staff concerns, provides a staff perspective, and solicits staff input into agendas for and feedback about Library-wide meetings. Resources to backfill time needed to complete these responsibilities should be negotiated with the Division Head.
The time commitment to serve in this role typically involves:
- Attending LMT meetings (typically three hours once a month)
- Reviewing the LMT agenda and materials distributed in advance in preparation for the meetings
- Completing any special tasks as assigned by LMT (time commitment varies)
- Consulting with staff to identify staff concerns for presentation at LMT, topics for Library-wide meetings, and solicit feedback on Library-wide meetings (time commitment varies)
Date Approved: 3/8/99