Library Administrative Manual
2.10 Library Web Group: Policy & Function Statement
The Library Web Group coordinates Web-based communication of information to users about library policies, procedures, services, and collections, and constitutes an oversight group for the Library's Web site.
- Design and organize Web-based material for the Library.
- Develop and promulgate guidelines consistent with University guidelines for the Library Web page(s), including guidelines for department, personal, and library-course-and-class-associated Web pages.
- Develop and promulgate procedures for submission, review, and approval of material/information for Web Group review and approval.
- Develop and promulgate procedures for Web revision/correction/update submission.
- Develop and maintain the Intranet for library staff and faculty to distribute in-house information such as policies, manuals, newsletters, and committee meeting schedules.
- Exercise editorial control over web-distributed information for the Library and its departments.
- ExplExplore new and potential technologies for distribution of information.
- Review web pages at least annually. Alert responsible unit to provide corrections and updates when necessary.
- Members serve the duration of their respective roles as follows:
- Electronic Access Coordinator, (Chair)
- Web Production Crew
- Web Server Administrator
- Web Staff support
- Library Instruction Representatives
- OASIS representative
- Library Education Coordinator
- Reference Coordinator
- IRIS Operations Coordinator
- OPAC/PHAROS public access/display liaison
- Head of IRIS (ex-officio member, serves as LMT liaison)
- Temporary members (ex-officio) are added ad hoc when particular units are working on web development projects or Web Group's agenda affects their units.
- One elected member from the Library faculty or staff at-large for a 2 year term.
Date Approved by LMT: 4/20/98
Revised by LMT: 12/7/98
Revised by Web Group: 4/01
Approved by LMT: 4/16/01