Research & Instructional Services
Research & Instructional Services provides assistance to the SF State campus community in locating, accessing, and evaluating information and resources. Librarians also provide in-class instruction on library materials and resources throughout the academic year.
The department oversees the Reference Area in the Library, including the Research Assistance Desk where drop-in help can be obtained, an Internet-only computer area for doing research, and a print collection of reference materials.
- Location: Library 360
- Phone: 338-1974
- Staff Directory
IRIS Librarians can help you:
- Select appropriate types of materials for a particular project or purpose
- Decipher and interpret citations
- Select and use appropriate databases, catalogs or indexes
- Locate materials within the J. Paul Leonard Library
- Locate materials on and off-campus
- Show students how to most effectively conduct research for a particular course or discipline