- Reference Number:
- 1440x1080 XDCAM HD 1080i60
- A short film by KPIX-TV's Emmy Award winning producer Dave Stoelk, from August 2011, introducing the San Francisco Bay Area Television Archive's work to preserve local news and documentary film. Includes various clips of archival footage shot in the Bay Area and views of old film and video being inspected, repaired and tranferred at the archive. Also features scenes of reporter Brian Hackney interviewing SF State University's film archivist Alex Cherian, who explains that all of this footage may be viewed online for free in the virtual archive (DIVA). He goes on to contend that: "History isn't just written by historians. History is a collective memory ... what we're doing is giving people the opportunity to contribute to the history of the Bay Area. It's their heritage ... and if we don't do this work, these images will be lost." The TV Archive would like to thank KPIX-TV and Eye on the Bay for their ongoing support.
The TV Archive is an officially registered 501(c)(3) non-profit. Donations to support our work are welcome and fully tax deductible. If you want to help save the Bay Area's history on film please contact Alex Cherian (Email: email@example.com / Tel: 415-817-4261).
- Mp4 video file streaming online in DIVA:
- Collection/Copyright Holder:
- CBS5 KPIX-TV
- Further Details:
- Contact resident Film Archivist Alex Cherian (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)